Ordering repeat medication online
Repeat medication can be ordered online via Patient Access. If you don’t have an account you can sign up on the Patient Access website or ask at Reception for a Patient Access registration letter.
Electronic Prescription Service (EPS)
EPS is a new way to get your medicines. If you collect your repeat prescriptions from your GP you will not have to visit your GP practice to pick up your paper prescription. Instead, your GP will send it electronically to the pharmacy you nominate, saving you time. You will have more choice about where to get your medicines from because they can be collected from a pharmacy near to where you live, work or shop. You may not have to wait as long at the pharmacy as there will be time for your repeat prescriptions to be ready before you arrive. If you would like to sign up please ask at your pharmacy or at Reception.
Use the tear off slip from your previous prescription. If you do not have your repeat slip please print off and use the Repeat Prescription Form
- Either of the request slips can be posted to the health centre, left in our post box outside the building or in the inner post box designated for prescriptions
- If you are collecting a prescription from the health centre please allow 2 clear working days. (Please see the table below for more information)
- If you are collecting an EMERGENCY PRESCRIPTION from the health centre it should be available for collection after 6.15pm the same day. Please only use this service in an emergency.
- If you are collecting your repeat medicines from your chosen pharmacy please allow 3 clear working days.
- If you have your medicines delivered from your chosen pharmacy please allow 5 clear working days.
- If you normally collect your repeat medicines from your nominated pharmacy, but you need them urgently (i.e. sooner than 3 days) please let the receptionist know. We would then ask that you, or someone on your behalf, collect the prescription from the health centre and take it to the pharmacy.
- Please remember to make extra allowances for Bank Holiday times.
|Ordered On:||Ready for Collection:|
Prescriptions can be collected by the local pharmacies where patients have made previous arrangements. Please contact your chemist for further details:
- Boots – Priory Health Park on 01749 675508
- Boots High Street on 01749 673138
- Tesco on 0845 6779712
- Glastonbury Pharmacy 01458 834986
Medication supplies when travelling abroad
Wells Health Centre follows the NHS rules on the provision of medications when travelling abroad. The NHS allows a maximum of 3 months of medication to cover you when travelling out of the country. Unfortunately we cannot exceed this and you will need to make arrangements whilst abroad for repeat prescriptions if you will be out of the country for longer than 3 months. There are situations where it may not be safe to provide as long as 3 months of a particular medication if it’s effects need to be monitored closely. For further information see NHS choices “Can my GP prescribe extra medication to cover my holiday?“