Please click on the links below for further information:
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and motivated GP to our forward thinking and friendly team. Our ethos is to focus on patient centred care, whist insuring our work is sustainable by looking after the health and wellbeing of ourselves and our staff.
We are fortunate to work in a wonderful part of the country.
• The smallest Cathedral City in England with one of the finest Cathedrals in Europe
• A thriving local community with a rich musical life through the Cathedral and music school. There are a number of active amateur instrumental ensembles and choirs.
• A diverse cultural environment with Literature, Food and Comedy Festivals in the city
• A mix of independent shops, restaurants and pubs, with an independent local cinema
• A choice of excellent schools within Wells - primary and secondary, state and private
• 40 mins to the UNESCO world heritage city of Bath. Many attractions including excellent theatre at Theatre Royal Bath, Premiership rugby, good restaurants and fast rail connections to London
• 50 mins to Bristol. All the attractions of a good sized city again with excellent theatre at the Old Vic and the Tobacco Factory
• 30 mins to Bristol airport; a busy regional airport flying to a wide range of destinations
• 20 mins to the Glastonbury Festival Site, close enough for priority access to tickets, far enough away to avoid the chaos
• Rail links to London and beyond via Bath, Bristol and Castle Cary
• Good road links to London and the South East via A303 and M4, to Devon and Cornwall via the M5 and to the midlands in the opposite direction, with Cardiff about 90 mins away
For those interested in the outdoor life we have the Mendips on our doorstep; an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, great for hiking, cycling, mountain biking, caving, climbing etc. The Quantock Hills are only 1 hour away and Exmoor not much further. There is sailing on Chew Valley Lake only 20 minutes away. The Somerset levels have their own attractions including a number of local bird reserves.
Having established that it’s a great place to live, here are a few details about Wells Health Partnership.
Practice population 11,500 population
Very supportive, inclusive and fair working environment
An emphasis on team working and good communication
We are flexible and are constantly evolving with the changing environment in primary care
A range of age and experience within the GPs and clinical staff
Well-established and efficient reception, administrative and nursing teams
Specialist nursing staff in respiratory medicine and diabetes
Two Health Connectors to promote and facilitate social prescribing
Part of the Mendip Symphony programme – a local initiative to reduce unplanned admissions and support frail patients within the community
An active member of West Mendip Primary Care Network working alongside Wells City Practice, Glastonbury Health Centre , Glastonbury Surgery and Vine Surgery Partnership
Evolving links with other local practices
Minor surgery lists
Streamlined document workflow to reduce unnecessary workload
Access to a range of Secondary Care services at the RUH and RNHRD in Bath, Musgrove Park Hospital in Taunton, Yeovil District Hospital and Bristol Royal Infirmary, amongst others.
Well-supported by the modern and well-appointed West Mendip Hospital close by in Glastonbury (including radiology/ sonography, a Minor Injury Unit, community beds, physiotherapy service, orthopedic assessment service), Shepton Mallet Community Hospital (including ambulatory care, community beds) and Shepton Mallet Treatment Centre (including general surgery, ENT, endoscopy, orthopedic surgery)
Online patient services
“On-the-day” service supported by 2 Nurse Practitioners and 1 Paramedic.
GP training practice. (Two partners are recent former trainees of Wells Health Centre)
EMIS Web/ GPTeamNet / AccuRx
Modern purpose built premises with beautiful views
We are seeking a Salaried GP with a view to partnership working 6 sessions.
Attractive and competitive salary with the potential for future partnership with immediate parity and no buy in.
Local training and CPD available via the Somerset GP Education Trust at no extra cost.
We are currently looking at new models of working to future proof the practice and manage the ubiquitous increase in demand on General Practice. You would play a key role in these decisions and the future shape of the practice.
Please contact Karen Polly (Managing Partner) for an informal chat, arrange a visit to meet the team, or to submit a formal application.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Use Patient Access to book appointments, request medications and view your medical record.
111 is the NHS non-emergency number. It’s fast, easy and free. Call 111 and speak to a highly trained adviser, supported by healthcare professionals.
How likely are you to recommend this Surgery to friends and family if they needed similar care or treatment? Please spend 2 minutes to take the Friends and Family Test.
View our Results
The NHS website. Take control of your health and wellbeing. Get medical advice, information about healthcare services and support for a healthy life.
Patient is one of the most trusted medical resources online, supplying evidence based information on a wide range of medical and health topics to patients and health professionals.